- 21% drop in red cards last season. That’s also caused due to a decrease of 33% in second yellow cards. Players behave better after they got their first yellow card.
- 176 in-game high speed runs. Referees have more of those runs with speed above 20 km/h than players, who do 175 sprints on average (with speed above 20 km/h) per match.
- 50 sprints per match with speed above 25 km/h. That is 64% more than five seasons ago.
- Less mass confrontations during the match. The number went down from 19 cases and four charges in 2011/12 to three cases and no charges in 2012/13
- Accuracy of referee decisions improved enourmously. Referees got 94.1% of their main decisions right, penalty accuracy is is 98.6% and assistants make 99 out 100 right offside calls.
Download the full report by the Premier League about the referees. The images in the pdf are also worth watching. Nice work from the graphic editor.