Players do crazy things to influence match officials. Some gestures to the referee are well-known all over the world. From the players who show the referee they other person dived or the player gives a sarcastic clap after a referee’s decision
The video I found online points out some general gestures to the referee that can be found on the football pitch. I’ve put them below in a list. Please tell me what gesture you hate or love the most.
List with gestures to the referee
- the diver – pretending the other person was simulating
- the sarcastic clap – applauding after a referee called for a foul against them
- the innocent shrug – pretending it wasn’t him
- the wound whinger – yes, look at him, he’s hurt really bad
- the clock watcher – as if the opponents are wasting time constantly
- the European – for me it’s Mediterranean, gestures based on emotion
- the blind rager – despite having glasses, not many people comment on it
- the book him begger – asking for a card for the opponent (please book himself)
- the wasn’t me – after a brawl nobody was guilty; yeah right
- the got the ball – all are stars that won’t miss the ball …
- the top tugger – didn’t you see he pulled my shirt?
- the finger wagger – no, no, no, ref!
What gestures would you like to add? What other gestures do players in your game use?