The Futsal Laws of the Game changed in 2021-2022. On this page you’ll find the most recent version of the document, plus the summary of the 2021-2022 changes.
During the 2020-2021 season there were major changes as well. You can still download the 2020-2021 version (EN) or the edition before that dating from 2014-2015 (EN).
Weekly futsal LOTG Quiz
And besides the Futsal Laws of the Game itself there’s also a nice weekly quiz referees. Because that is a great way to practice the rules – as I do on Dutch Referee blog with the weekly Laws of the Game Football quiz.
You’ll find the weekly futsal LOTG Quiz on the Facebook page of the FA Futsal Referees. Make sure you like that page!
The futsal Laws of the Game
The LOTG contain the following laws:
- The Pitch
- The Ball
- The Number of Players
- The Players’ Equipment
- The Referees
- The Assistant Referees
- The Duration of the Match
- The Start and Restart of Play
- The Ball In and Out of Play
- The Method of Scoring
- Fouls and Misconduct
- Free Kicks
- The Penalty Kick
- The Kick-in
- The Goal Clearance
- The Corner Kick
- Procedures to Determine the Winner of a Match or Home-and-Away Tie
- The Technical Area
- The Reserve Assistant Referee
- Referee and Assistant Referee Signals
- Interpretation of the Futsal Laws of the Game and Guidelines for Referee