Predicting the World Cup referees in December and January was kind of difficult. That Fifa picked less match officials than previous tournaments did not make it easier. Viktor Kassai, not chosen for this World Cup, was even picked 6 times for the World Cup final.
That competition still stands ofcourse (check out the current scores). But refereeworld.com offered everyone a new chance to win some prizes in a smaller competition. Now you only have the referees for the final rounds and guess the number of cards.
The prizes for this competition are:
- b+d QUADRO I flag set
- shirt bag RSC
- fox 40 whistle with mouth grip
Fill in the form and take part in the competition. I’ve posted the names of World Cup referees above the form, so you can see whom could be picked. Below you can find how to score points.
How to score points?
- 1 point for each correct referee you predicted to be appointed for a 1/8 final match
- 2 points for each correct referee you predicted to be appointed for a 1/4 final match
- 5 points for each correct referee you predicted to be appointed for a 1/2 final match
- 10 points for the correct referee you predicted to be appointed for the final
- 3 points if the referee you predicted as final referee will be appointed as fourth official during the final
- 4 points for predicting the exact number of yellow cards during the tournament (both first and second yellow cards)
- 4 points for predicting the exact number of red cards (straight red + red after a second yellow card) during the tournament.
- 2 points for predicting the referee who gave the most cards during the tournament (if the same player gets two yellows and a red card from the referee, it counts as three cards).
Determining a winner
If two or more contestants have the same number of points the person who guessed the referee final right is the winner.
If two or more contestants also have guessed the same final referee, the person who is closest to the total number of cards (red + yellow) will win.