Fifa confirmed to Arbitro Internacional that the referee committee will have a meeting on 14th and 15th of January to select the WC referees.
But what qualities do these referees need to have according the international referee boss to become a candidate for the world cup in Brazil? This are 5 key factors to become a top referee – things every referee should work on – 5 qualities World Cup referees shoul have:
- Impeccable performances and the fullest concentration in the matches in the period before the World Cup.
- Consistency. Be able to make decisions based on uniform and consistent criteria.
- Fast decision-making. Be able to make correct calls in a split-second
- Understanding different footballing cultures and mentalities. That means: watching and re-watching videos and writing down the differences.
- Good positioning to see exactly what has taken place.
Read the full magazine below or open it in a new tab via this link.