The Dutch Referee Blog wants to know which referees you think will be going to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and who will get appointments in the final rounds. The winner of the prediction can win a FIFA World Cup referee kit, sponsored by Refereeworld.com.
You can find out how you can score points below. In the terms and conditions you can also read when you have to make your predictions. Fifa will probably publish the names of the World Cup Referees on the 15th of January – so I suggest you to fill it out the form as soon as possible if you want to be in the competition and have an chance to win the FIFA World Cup referee outfit.
- Adidas Referee World Cup 2014 set.
- Adidas Referee World Cup 2014 long sleeve shirt
- Adidas Referee World Cup 2014 short sleeve shirt
- Small prizes for the people who predict the right number of cards (see bonus questions)
- 5 points for each referee you predicted correctly to be selected for the 2014 World Cup
- -3 points for each referee you predicted incorrectly to be selected for the 2014 World Cup*
- 1 point for each correct referee you predicted to be appointed for a 1/8 final match
- 2 points for each correct referee you predicted to be appointed for a 1/4 final match
- 5 points for each correct referee you predicted to be appointed for a 1/2 final match
- 10 points for the correct referee you predicted to be appointed for the final
- 3 points if the referee you predicted as final referee will be appointed as fourth official during the final
*The number of referees at a World Cup is not always the same. In 2010 there were 29 referees selected, in 2006 only 21. The number of refs for the 2014 World Cup is not set yet, so that could vary. You may choose how many you select. If you pick 40 and Fifa selects 30, you might have guessed all refs right, but you also got 10 refs wrong. That’s why you get minus 3 points if you made an incorrect guess.
- 10 points for predicting the exact number of yellow cards during the tournament (both first and second yellow cards)
- 10 points for predicting the exact number of red cards (straight red + red after a second yellow card) during the tournament.
- 5 points for predicting the referee who gave the most cards during the tournament (if the same player gets two yellows and a red card from the referee, it counts as three cards).
Ready for it? Fill out this form and take part of the competition.
Terms and conditions
- You need to send your predictions one day before the World Cup referees will be announced by Fifa before 11.59 pm Central European Time that day. For example: The date Fifa probably will announce the referees is the 15th of January 2014. If that keeps so, it means you have to send you predictions before January 14th 11:59 PM Central European Time. If Fifa decides to change the date when they’ll release the names of the World Cup referees, the date you’ll have to send in your predictions changes as well
- Your e-mail address will not be given to third parties. Your e-mail will be used to send you e-mails from Dutch Referee Blog about the competition and you’ll receive the Dutch Referee Blog newsletter which will be released later in 2014. You’ll be able to unsubscribe from that.
- Prizes will be provided by the sponsor SchiedsrichterWelt e.K. www.refereeworld.com and not by Dutch Referee Blog.
- You’ll finds posts about this competition on Facebook, but the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.